The Young Victoria groundswell

The Young Victoria was released in the US in limited release on 18th of December. Unfortunately, I and a mob of Anglophiles attempted to see it yeasterday in Seattle without success.

With so many new movies now released on Christmas day, it has become an event to go to the theater with the family and friends. I have not seen so many people in line for a movie since Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (1999) release many years ago. What a great surprise for a bonnet drama to garner such crowds. I must continue to be contented with the movie trailers until such time I actually can see the real thing.

I will attempt a second showing next week. I hope some of our readers actually got to see The Young Victoria, which has an incredible cast of former Austen actors (Emily Blunt, Rupert Friend, Jim Broadbent, Mark Strong, Harriet Walter and Morven Christie) outstanding production values and glowing reviews. Emily Blunt has been nomed for a Golden Globe and is expected to also be nominated for an Oscar. Bravo to all involved in this stellar production. Here's the trailer to tide you over until you can see it.

Cheers, Laurel Ann, Austenprose