On My Christmas Wish List: Silk Gloves

Mrs. Allen: "My dear do not you think these silk gloves wear very well? I put them on new the first time of our going to the Lower Rooms, you know, and I have worn them a great deal since. Do you remember that evening?

Catherine: "Do I! Oh perfectly."

Mrs. Allen: "It was very agreeable, was not it? Mr Tilney drank tea with us, and I always thought him a great addition, he is so very agreeable. I have a notion you danced with him but am not quite sure." - Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen

Silk gloves add an elegant touch to a ball gown, as Mrs. Allen described, or a luxurious note to a formal outfit. Silk is also an excellent insulator. Worn next to the body, the cloth holds in body heat. It is even used to insulate space vehicles! Better yet, silk threads are hypoallergenic and can be worn next to even the most sensitive skin. When knitted, silk provides the malleability most desired for gloves and active wear. Soft, luxurious, and durable, silk is the ideal gift for someone special. If you're looking for a unique gift that costs less than $25, look no more:
Posted by Vic, Jane Austen's World