Jane Austen Memorabilia at the Morgan Library Gift Shop

Janeites who are lucky enough to live within a day's drive of New York City and the exhibit at the J. Pierpont Morgan Library, and who have yet to see A Woman's Wit: Jane Austen's Life and Legacy, have until March 14, 2010 to make the trek. My visit was well worth while, and I shall be writing about my experience all next week. Meanwhile, you can visit the exhibit vicariously by clicking on this link. My only disappointment? No catalogue about the exhibit was for sale. While the online links are extensive, much of the fascinating text from the exhibit is missing. Perhaps the information will be added after A Woman's Wit has run its course.

The gift shop did have this merchandise for sale. The most surprising offerings were the mash up novels, which I feel have no place in a museum gift shop. A gag or humor shop, perhaps, but not among such August company.







Posted by Vic, Jane Austen's World